[Zope] Menus (was no subject)

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Wed Feb 23 10:40:10 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "cla" <clark2 at net.sapo.pt>
> Hi would like to know how to put
> multiple dynamic drop down boxes
> in zope using dtml or python scripts(if possible)
>
> scheme:
>
> box1:----> box2 --> box3 --> ...
> call database and fill    call database and fill

You need a comination of dtml and javascript to do this.  The
drop-down/across menu structure is built/controlled by the js code while the
menu content is provided by dtml.  I would suggest that you start by
googling for js menu scripts, get static menus working 1st, then add in the
dtml to provide menu content.

The dtml is relatively simple.  The js not quite so simple (js complexity
will also depend on which browsers/versions you want to support).

hth

Jonathan