[Zope] url path remainder as a script parameter?

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:27:08 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:06:22 -0500, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 11:49:18AM +1300, Phillip Hutchings wrote:
> > iirc, __before_publishing_traverse__ gets called after the inital
> > traversal has found the object, but before the publishing traverse (as
> > it says ;),
>
> You know, I've never really understood that...
> Once you've found the object, isn't traversal done?
> What's the difference between "initial traverse" and
> "publishing traverse"?

Not entirely sure. I think one locates and finds the objects from the
storage, and the other finds the actual object that is published,
which isn't always the one in the file system. I also recall that
initially security is ignored as the objects need to be loaded to
check security, then the publish traverse takes security in to
account.
--
Phillip Hutchings
http://www.sitharus.com/