[Zope] [Newbie] MSWordDocument

ceto at gmx.ch ceto at gmx.ch
Tue Jan 4 05:23:54 EST 2005

Hi all

I use Plone 2 with Enterprise Enhancements from CA in a Win XP sp2. It works
fine (even i dont know how :) Now i tried to install Eric Barroccas
MSWordDocument 0.8. I untarred the folder to ..\Plone\Data\Products\

Die Installation should work like this:

-------------
MS Windows systems

   1. Install Python1.5 and Win32 Extensions build 136 (win32all-136.exe).
   2. Extract MSWord Document Product archive (MSWordDocument.tar.gz) in
your Zope Products directory.
   3. Generate Python/COM bindings:
          * Find and launch "makepy.py"
          * Select "Microsoft Word x Object Library"
          * Valid
   4. Make sure Zope is allowed to write in C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
   5. Start Zope with 'C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON\PYTHON.EXE C:\ZOPE_ROOT\Z2.PY -D'

Note: Win32 extensions are available from
http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePython/windows/win32all/win32all-136.exe

1. First of all there isnt a Win32 extension on activestates Page anymore.
2. Whats the point "valid" meaning?
3. I cant find a script named Z2.PY

please help

g*