[Zope] Zope slow if left unused for hours

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Thu Jan 6 11:37:28 EST 2005

This is because the first time you make a request to your Zope instance, it
retrieves lots of objects from the ZODB (file).
For subsequent requests, most of this objects are cached in a connection
object cache.

See your /Control_Panel/Database/manage_workspace, select a database, and
then have a look at the Cache Parameters tab.

There is one cache per connection, and usually there are 4 connections to
the ZODB.

But in general, under reasonable load on your site, the cache should be
efficient.

I don't know of any way of optimizing this.

Hope this helps.

Pascal