[Zope] Report Writer

Marco Bizzarri m.bizzarri at icube.it
Fri Jan 7 19:29:23 EST 2005

mettwoch at pt.lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for building blocks to use for our "shop"-management solution. Does anybody know a solution/product to print out from Zope structured documents like invoices, open-balances, cash-flow reports ... .In more general the tool I'm looking for should be able to build documents (even multipage) with report-headers and -footers and page-headers and -footers, running sums, sorts ... . These documents should be send immediately to the printer (not displayed in the browser and waiting for the user to hit "print"). The source of data is a MySQL database.
>
> By the way, I use MailManager to handle our mail traffic - a cool product.
>
> Thx

A solution you could look at is openoffice.

You could set up an openoffice listening on a port. Then you could
connect to it via Py-UNO bridge, open a template, fill it, and invoke
the printing.

Of course, all of this could be done without any interface showing to
the user. I'm not sure there is any product available doing this at the
moment, but you could look at the Archetypes code for some ideas.

Regards
Marco