[Zope] New ZMysql adapter connection problem

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:38:24 EST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:07:38 +0000, Chris Withers
<chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Andy Dustman wrote:

> > A well-known bug in MySQLdb-0.9.2 that occurs with Python-2.2 and
> > newer. I recommend using 1.1.7 or newer, or 1.0.0. There may be some
> > new Windows packages in the next few days; however, I depend on people
> > to contribute these because I cannot build them myself.
>
> What's the official work on what version of MySQLdb and ZMySQLDA you
> should use with Zope 2.7 (which uses Python 2.3)?

MySQLdb-1.0.1 should work fine, though I prefer that you use 1.1.8.
Since ZMySQLDA actually uses the _mysql module (C API), and most of
the differences between 1.0 and 1.1 are in the Python layer, I don't
think it really makes that much difference.

ZMySQLDA hasn't been updated in two years because, AFAIK, there aren't
any bad issues in 2.0.8 or 2.0.9b2. I might revisit ZMySQLDA in the
next month or so.

If there *are* issues, then report them here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=22307&atid=374932
--
Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.

Using GMail? Setting Reply-to address to <> disables this annoying feature.