[Zope] Re: ZEO-Client

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Jan 12 10:35:22 EST 2005

Arenz, Ralph wrote:

> [...]

Zope 2.7 binds the server ports much earlier in the startup process than
it used to.  The current version of the option is the 'wait' key of the
'zeo-client' section of zope.conf;  it causes the database / storage
intialization to block while establishing the connection and verifying
the cache, but the intialization itself starts *after* binding the
server ports.

A minutes-long startup is likely due to the client's need to verify a
large persistent disk cache;  one workaround would be to turn off
persistent caches;  a longer-term solution would be to work with the
folks on zodb-dev to land a set of improvements to the cache
verification code (they live on a branch somewhere, I think).

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com