[Zope] problem with property sheet interface and multiple selection

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jan 17 13:46:47 EST 2005

Thomas Adams wrote at 2005-1-16 17:39 +0100:
>when I try to add an editable property sheet interface
>for a propertysheet with a multiple selection property,
>this runs into the error shown below:
>
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
>  Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>  Module ZClasses.Property, line 84, in manage_createView
>  Module ZClasses.Property, line 188, in manage_createEditor
>  Module ZClasses.Method, line 103, in manage_addDTMLMethod
>  Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 403, in addDTMLMethod
>AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'read'

This traceback does not correspond to your subject:

  The traceback tells you that you try to create
  a "DTMLMethod" from a "unicode" string.

  However, "DTMLMethod" only supports normal (non unicode) strings
  or file like objects.

Check, where the string comes from that you want to convert
into a "DTMLMethod". Ensure, it is a simple string and not unicode.

--
Dieter