[Zope] Re: ZEO-Client

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Jan 18 13:46:20 EST 2005

Chris Withers wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>> A minutes-long startup is likely due to the client's need to verify a
>> large persistent disk cache;  one workaround would be to turn off
>> persistent caches;
>
> How do you do this now?
> I've tried all I coudl think of and still have .zec files lying around
> causing havoc when connecting from one zeo client to several zeo servers
> in turn (dev and live storages, for example..)

Remove the 'client' key from the storage config in zope.conf.

$ZOPE_HOME/lib/python/ZODB/component.xml says,

     <key name="client">
       <description>
         Enables persistent cache files.  The string passed here is
         used to construct the cache filenames.  If it is not
         specified, the client creates a temporary cache that will
         only be used by the current object.
       </description>
     </key>

Tres.