[Zope] Zcatalog searches

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Jan 20 05:58:42 EST 2005

--On Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2005 10:43 Uhr +0000 Brian Ling
<brian.ling at bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> I've setup a site search using ZCatalog and ZCTextIndexs that's happily
> doing what I want, but I'd like to take a stage further. Is there a way
> using the ZCatalog Brain objects returned by the ZCatalog search to get
> the text that actually caused the match? I'm trying to end up with a
> preview of the area of the content that caused the match, or is a
> different approach needed?

A Zcatalog search returns the objects (or better their proxies) that
fullfill the query.
You have to grab the content from the object and perform post-query
operations on your
own. There is no direct solution where Zope would help you out-of-the-box.

-aj