[Zope] Bug in ZClasses based products, in Zope 2.7.3 and 2.7.4

Ausum Studio ausum_studio at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 21 00:56:48 EST 2005

Apparently the distribution creation machinery is not respecting the
"Disallow redistribution and allow user ..." option.
This are the steps I followed to reproduce the problem using two new Zope
instances.

a) Created two Zope instances, A and B. Created a foobar product in
Control_panel/Products, in instance A
b) Created a simple ZClass, using ObjectManager and OFS Folder as Base
Classes, checking "Include standard Zope persistent ..."
d) Went to Control_Panel/Products/foobar and the Distribution tab, checked
"Disallow redistribution...", without checking any product's object, and
then I created  the distribution tar.
e) Installed the "foobar" product in instance B. After starting instance B,
the foobar product is not redistributable but fully editable, even though I
didn't allow any object to be configurable..

As I recall, this is wrong, and all of the objects ought to be protected, in
this case. Could anyone point me in the right direction?  I'd like some
hints on this subject.

Thanks in advance,

Ausum