[Zope] Using pychart from a Zope product

Reuven M. Lerner reuven at lerner.co.il
Tue Jan 25 20:42:21 EST 2005

Hi, everyone.  I'm developing a Zope application that needs to do simple
line-charts, and PyChart looks like a good solution to my problems.

I was able to install PyChart without any trouble, and I also ran the
command-line tests without any problems.  But when I stick an example
into a Zope product and invoke it, I get nothing -- not an error
message, not an output chart, not a security violation of some sort...
nothing at all.  I know that PyChart is being invoked, because I can
force an error by invoking theme.get_options(), which throws an error
due to the lack of command-line options.

I see from the various Zope mailing lists that people are using PyChart,
and I have a feeling that I'm missing something obvious.  But if someone
has an idea regarding what I should be doing in order to get PyChart to
work, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Reuven