[Zope] ZODB storage errors ...Surrogate instance has no attribute

iroro polar_ninja at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 17:12:28 EST 2005

<iroro at neurobs.com> wrote:

> > --- <snip from Zope event log> ------
> >
> > 2005-01-24T01:00:33 ERROR(200) ZODB A storage
error occured during object abort. This shouldn't
happen.
> > Traceback (innermost last):
> >   File
/var/local/zope-2.6.4/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py,
line 401, in _commit_error
> >   File
/var/local/zope-2.6.4/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/TM.py,
line 60, in abort
> >   File
/var/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py,
line 405, in _abort

> This is almost certainly due to trying to use
non-transactional
> tables. Are you using MySQL with transactions
enabled, and are your
> table types MyISAM or BDB or InnoDB? The latter two
support
> transactions, and as a practical matter, you need
transactions to work
> properly with Zope.

Hi Andy,
thanks for the recommendation!! I did indeed have 4
tables that were MyISAM rather than InnoDB.  So I did
an ALTER TABLE <tablename> TYPE=3Dinnodb; on all of
the tables in question.  However, I'm still getting
these errors in my event log.  Do I need to restart
Zope, the database or refesh anything else ?

also, the reason why I'm interested in this bug is
that every couple of days, after seeing this storage
error msg, Zope hangs, in the log files the hang is
always associated with this error msg:

"AttributeError: Surrogate instance has no attribute
'_p_oid'"

which i figured out is this bug.
http://collector.zope.org/Zope/852, but the resolution
is not clear.  does anyone have any more light to shed
on these ?

thanks a lot,
iroro
Zope 2.6.4 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86)
Python 2.1.3, linux2) [GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux
(egcs-1.1.2 release)]