[Zope] ZODB storage errors ...during object abort

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:42:12 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:29:33 -0800 (PST), iroro <iroro at neurobs.com> wrote:

> thanks for the recommendation!! I did indeed have 4 tables that were
> MyISAM rather than InnoDB.  So I did an ALTER TABLE <tablename>
> TYPE=innodb; on all of the tables in question.  However, I'm still getting these errors in my event log.  Do I need to restart Zope, the database or refesh anything else ?

Two other things: There is a flag that can be added to the connection
string which manually enables or disables transactions; without flags,
transactions are enabled if supported by the server, i.e. it has
support for InnoDB (and not whether or not your tables are InnoDB,
because it can't detect that).  If you have something like that in
your connection string, remove it; IIRC, it's + or - in front of the
database name. It's a ZMySQLDA extension, so it won't work on other
DAs.

The other one should not affect you: MySQLdb-0.9.2 has issues with
Python-2.2 or newer that affect Zope specifically (the infamous
"server_capabilities" error). Newer versions (1.0 and 1.1 series)
don't have this problem, but you appear to be using Python-2.1.3, so
this should not be an issue. If it were, the product wouldn't work at
all, unless you patched it manually to avoid the check, and since have
forgotten about it.

Please try ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b2 with MySQLdb-1.1.9.
--
Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.

Using GMail? Setting Reply-to address to <> disables this annoying feature.