[Zope] Installation Problem(gcc error)

ray_lawlor at excite.com ray_lawlor at excite.com
Thu Jan 27 06:51:03 EST 2005

Hi I am installing Zope 2.7.4-0. I have installed Python 2.3.4 successfully.

When i run "./configure --prefix=/..."  it finds the optimum version of python and writes the make file. When i then then try to run "make" it gives errors in AccessControl/cAccessControl.c/.... and then exits with the message

"error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
 make: *** [build] Error 1"

Just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction or what could be causing the problem. Thanks.