[Zope] LDAPUserFolder OLD and Zope 2.5.1 migration to LDAPUserFolder 2.5 and Zope 2.8

Tim Suter tsuter at cait.org
Tue Jul 5 13:42:12 EDT 2005

I believe it was Jens that gave me the how-to on how to migrate an
existing Zope 2.5.1 install using LDAPUserFolder for authentication to
Zope 2.8.  Below is his response with some of my questions:

- Get the latest released LDAPUserFolder version and install it into
your new Zope 2.8-based instance

I have done this.

- Make a backup copy of your old ZODB

If you mean the Data.fs, then this is done also.

- Log into a 2.5.1-based instance as the emergency user (-> see doc/
SECURITY.txt in your 2.5.1 Zope installation about how to create one)

I can't do this part because I was left with no info in regards to what
the credentials are as the emergency user.  I have located the access
file though.  Can I delete this file and create a new one documented in
SECURITY.txt?

- if you don't have a LDAPUserFolder in the Zope root you can skip
that and log in as a Manager user from the root user folder

The LDAPUserFolder is in the root of the Zope instance and that is the
only place it is located.  The original acl_user folder is gone leaving
only the acl_user folder with the LDAPUserFolder code.

- Delete every single LDAPUserFolder instance you have

I can do that as long as I am guaranteed that I will be able to log in
as the emergency user and as long as when I restore the backed up
Data.fs, I will be back to where I started after the migration.

- Stop Zope
- Copy the Data.fs into your Zope 2.8-based sandbox

I am assuming you mean the cleaned up version with no instances of the
old LDAPUserFolder.

- If you had a LDAPUserFolder at the root, make sure you're set up
for an emergency user
- Start Zope and log in either as an emergency user or a root user
folder manager
- Recreate all LDAPUserFolder instances.

Just need one, at the root.  From there, upon logging in, if you are in
our LDAP with the right credentials, then you can manage Zope.

Tim