[Zope] Re: Poll: Zope and Suse Linux

Garth B. garthb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:18:05 EDT 2005

When installing from the source, Python does offer a "make altinstall" which
is terrific for installing a newer or older version of Python alongside an
existing installation.
 For example, Fedore Core 4 comes with Python 2.4 and as far as I can tell,
doing a "make altinstall" with the 2.3.5 tarball puts it alongside 2.4 quite
nicely. At any rate, I've had no problems compiling, installing and running
Zope 2.7.6 and 2.8 with it.
 HTH