[Zope] Zope Newbie

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 8 13:58:01 EDT 2005

Emmanuel V. Salvador wrote at 2005-7-8 10:51 +0800:
>Upon trying out the page with the script as an anonymous user, I'm asked for a
>username and password.  According to the book, this was not suppose  to
>happen since I already gave the script manager rights. Please refer to the
>error below.
>

>Site Error
>
>An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
>Error Type: Unauthorized
>Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'manage_addDTMLDocument' in this
>context

Whenever you get an "Error" (as the above one), you
*ALWAYS* should look at the traceback. You find it in the "error_log"
object (ZMI --> "Root Folder" --> "error_log").

"Unauthorized" are usually discarded. You must reconfigure "error_log"
to keep them.

Difficult "Unauthorized" problems are best analysed with
the "VerboseSecurity" product.

--
Dieter