[Zope] Breadcrumb dilemma

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 15:36:28 EDT 2005

Adamo, Steven wrote:
> My apologies if this is easily found in the mail-list archives (I found
> no easy way to search that wealth of information).

Ah, so Google is blocked by your corporate firewall? ;-)

> I feel silly asking this collective about such a simple question,

And rightly you should, since this list is neither centered around Plone
nor CMF. Try using Google from home and find the lists for these
specific products ;-)

> for the life of me, I'm completely stumped.  I have implemented a Plone
> 2.x site for our public website, and have completely replaced all the
> standard Plone skin.

Surely that must have meant you read the code as you replaced it? ;-)

> However, the breadcrumb trail will only display "you are here: home".  I
> simply cannot figure out what I haven't included (or what I "killed"
> when I created my new skin) that will make the breadcrumb pick up the
> new folder (you are here: home > company).

try looking for breadcrumbs.py in a script or two, I can't promise that
Plone hasn't bastardised it, but it's what the CMF used to use to
calculate breadcrumbs...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk