[Zope] LDAPUSerFolder permission problem

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Jul 15 03:39:55 EDT 2005

On 14 Jul 2005, at 02:53, Nicholas Watmough wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by a 'wrapped' user. What causes a user
> to have a wrapper in Zope?
>
> I am getting the 'other' user via the following code:
>
> user = context.acl_users.getUserById(username)
>
> Will this cause the user to be returned with a wrapper, and if so,
> how would I remove the wrapper?

No, it's the other way around. You want the wrapper. getUserbyId
returns unwrapped users.

If you use CMF or something based on CMF you could use the membership
tool's getMemberById to return something more useful, otherwwise
you'll have to do the wrapping yourself:

user = acl_users.getUserById(user_id).__of__(acl_users)

jens