[Zope] Re: question on python script, dtml method and options

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:37:11 EDT 2005

Hi Erik,

> I don't get a traceback, i just get error and message back as empty
> strings; their initiallized value.
>
> very strange.
Looking at your python script I saw that initially you set error and
message to the empty string ''. I guess the script is not detecting a
'next_state' keyword in the request. So, it is excecuting the first if
of your code:

if not request.has_key('next_state'):
   return container['MAIN'](context, request, error=error, message=message)

Where are you initializing 'next_state'? Try printing the request
object to see if it really exists or perhaps you are doing some typo.

Regards,
Josef