[Zope] Re: Zope Foundation Update

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Jul 20 08:17:58 EDT 2005

--On 20. Juli 2005 12:43:22 +0100 Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk>
wrote:
>  > ZEA's registration represents an abuse of registration
>  > and management of international trademarks and the
>  > misappropriation of a mark that is clearly the property
>  > of Zope Corporation.
>
> So why is Zope Foundation being used as a pawn in the corporate
> strategies of Zope Corporation? I find this unclear intent pretty
> disconcerting.

Why did not ZEA came up with such arguments against the ZF *much earlier*?
The ZF proposal is out since some weeks. There was meanwhile an IRC chat
with Rob,  a lengthy discussion on the mailing list and Rob spoke at
Europython. I can not remember having heard any objections from ZEA against
this proposal. I have not heard any public statements of Paul Everitt at
Europython during the ZF presentation *against* the ZF.

Speaking as independent developer - neither representing the interests of
ZC nor of ZEA - I find these behind-the-curtain negotiations extremely
counterproductive from the community point of view and definitely not in
the sense of the Zope community.

-aj