[Zope] Re: Zope Foundation Update

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 12:44:31 EDT 2005

Philip Kilner wrote:
> This has the potential to make the Zope community look like muppets, and
> not in a good "Swedish chef" kind of way...

I'm not sure muppetism applies to the Zope community, it appears to be
Zope Corporation who are coming out of this looking less than clever.

It's a shame, because really, they should be the ones benefitting from
the community they've created, but instead they're more and more
isolating themselves from a community which is finally starting to
realise that Zope's continued popularity is not predicated on the
survival of Zope Corporation.

I hope Lois in particular reads this and understands that you can't
bully an open source community, and doing so is likely going have much
worse consequences for the bully in the medium to long term than it will
for the people being bullied.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk