[Zope] Re: Connect to ms sql server from zope 2.8 on windows s erver

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:17:37 EDT 2005

Hi,

> AJ> Look at mxODBC or the latest version of ZODBCDA from zope.org.
>
> I'm free download egenix-mx-base-2.0.6.win32-py2.3.exe.
> I have install zope 2.8 for windows.
> I could not install egenix-mx-base-2.0.6.win32-py2.3.exe. Becouse it
> could not find python in registry.
>
> How to install egenix-mx-base-2.0.6.win32-py2.3.exe without python in registry.
>
> Please help me.
You have three alternatives (perhaps four if you consider linux):

First alternative:
1.1 Install the python 2.3.4 binaries (the python that comes with zope,
     isn't logged on the registry, so, you can't use it)
1.2 Install the the egenix binaries
1.3 Copy the egenix installed files to:
      C:\YourZopeFolder\lib\python
      If I'm not wrong, the binaries are installed on :
      C:\python2.3\lib\python2.1 -> Make sure that you don't overwrite
      something in the zope's python. You can download the source code
      of egenix to have an idea of the files it installs
1.4 Uninstall python if you want

Second alternative:
2.1 Create a folder called Python in C:\
2.2 Create manualy this registry key:
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.3\InstallPath]
2.3 Set its value to C:\Python
2.4 Install the egenix binaries (they will be installed somewhere on
     C:\Python).
2.5 Copy the egenix installed files to:
      C:\YourZopeFolder\lib\python
2.6 Delete the registry key

Alternatively to step 2.2, you can get this registry file:
http://www.zope.org/Members/SmileyChris/HowTo.2005-02-06.0339/pil_for_windows_fakepython.reg
Before double clicking on it, change the 2.1 by 2.3 in your
preffered text editor. Then you can double click on it and it will
automatically install the key. Be aware that the key will remain on
the registry till you manually delete it.

Third alternative: Install python from source and then egenix. Here
you need a C compiler. Finally copy the egenix files to
C:\YourZopeFolder\lib\python

I hope this was usefull. I did alternative 2 once and it worked. I
haven't tested it recently, so, I can't guarantee it.

Regards,
Josef