[Zope] Re: Re: Zope Foundation Update

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at zope.com
Wed Jul 20 18:32:48 EDT 2005

"Chris Withers" <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42DEACC7.4030409 at simplistix.co.uk...
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> The current state of what ZC proposes doesn't prevent anyone from doing
>> anything reasonable.
>>
>> "Give them your hand, and they'll ask for your arm"...
>
> Indeed. I don't have any problem with ZC keeping the trademarks, but why
> are they tying the creation of the foundation onto their retreival of
> their lost marks?
>
> The two seem totally unconnected to me...

Considering that we have agreed to license our marks to the
Foundation, and that the lawyers tell us that this is the
first step, we have to have _clear title_ to them in order
to have a valid license agreement.

If there's an ongoing trademark dispute, then we can't
cleanly license the marks to the Foundation. It seemed
obvious to us in our post that we were explaining this, but
it must not have been clear enough. Is it clear now?