[Zope] Re: Zope Foundation Update

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Jul 20 23:38:29 EDT 2005

> Everybody needs to calm down, stop insulting each other and stop
> broadcasting this problem to the whole world on zope-announce (for
> example). Its making us all look  childish.

+1. Please folks, remember that this is a public venue and your
words will be archived for a long time. Let's have no more name-calling, and
no more mysterious digs at named and unnamed third parties.

FWIW, I think the Foundation is an important and commendable initiative,
and I think ZC has been doing a pretty good job of supporting and reaching
out
to the community lately. And now more than ever, the amount of software that
we get free (and Free) from ZC is just staggering. The trademark issue is an
unfortunate, if unignorable, distraction from the progress that's being made.
I remain hopeful that an amicable solution is forthcoming.

-PW