[Zope] Re: Memory Errors

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 07:37:17 EDT 2005

> According to 'top', the total load is:
>
> * Memory: 80M/131M act/tot  Free: 366M  Swap: 0K/1028M used/tot,
>
> where Zope itself is using practically all of it.

Well the question is, should Zope be using all that memory?  how big is
the site, what are you doing, how big are your caches etc?  Our zope
processes normally run about 500 - 750MB so maybe you just don't have
enough memory.

But odd that no swap is being used in your case.  I would check your
per-process memory limits maybe they need to be higher.  Our 'zope'
account is in login class 'daemon' which has higher default memory
limits than 'standard'.  And even then we bumped the limits up even higher.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.        Business Vision on the Internet