[Zope] Re: ZTUtils.Iterator value in ZPT

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Thu Jul 21 09:23:56 EDT 2005

> Ah, I see what you're after, something akin to an SQL sequence, right?
> Well, Iterator ain't that ;-)

Hi Chris

I guess something like that but that is what an iterator does.  ZTUtils
just doesn't provide a method to get the values out of it (which it
could if the methods were available).

> What's so horrible about just putting these tabindexes in by hand?
>
> Your code would certainly execture faster...

Well, by hand is not the solution either.  It is not as simple as that
since I am using portlets in CMF and there are forms in portlets too.
You can't just number them like 1,2,3 etc because you end up with
conflicts in tabindex values when your templates are rendered.  This is
the second problem I am trying to solve because ZTUtils allow you to
pass into it whatever sequence you want.  You could give it a different
sequence to start with so when it iterates using its own sequence,
results keeps the tabindex from conflicting.  This is more of a case of
looking at an existing tool to perform this so you can retrieve from
your ZPT (that doesn't require you to write one with all the security
bypasses to make it work).  It appears ZTUtils is the tool that could
do this.  I mean it is an object, it iterates, it iterates on values
you pass it , it knows its current state and the security has been
bypassed to let you call it in a ZPT, it just doesn't provide a method
to obtain its values directly.

Regards,
David