[Zope] manage_changeProperties quirk?

Joe Bezier joebezier at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 06:04:43 EDT 2005

Hiya,

I had a strange problem today, on a Zope 2.5 installation (yes, it will
be upgraded soon...). Basically, I've got a form action which calls
manage_changeProperties() on a number of subfolders using

<dtml-call expr="folder_place.manage_changeProperties(order=number)">

Now, this works absolutely fine throughout my installation, but in one
instance it was raising an Unauthorized Error for all users, no matter
what their permissions/roles:

> Site Error
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> Unauthorized
> You are not authorized to access manage_changeProperties.

So I tried pretty much everything - checking all sorts of permissions
and other stuff, but eventually made a copy of the folder, to make sure
it wasn't something peculiar with the folder name - the copy worked
perfectly. So, I then replaced the original folder with the folder copy
and this worked fine too.

So, basically, problem solved. But I'm now concerned - could this
happen again? Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone experienced
something like this before?

Cheers,

JB