[Zope] zoperun vs start and ssh

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Jul 23 14:15:44 EDT 2005

On 23 Jul 2005, at 18:46, virgil huston wrote:

> This may be a stupid question, but, after searching the archives to
> find out how to keep Zope running after starting and then
> disconnecting from a remote ssh session, nothing works.
>
> First, the Zope manual and all the archives messages talk about using
> ./start. That doesn't work for me unless I am just in the wrong
> directory. I am running ./zoperun from /bin.

The "start" script was used in Zope versions up to 2.6.x, replaced by
"zopectl" for safely starting and stopping Zope in the 2.7-series and
up. Apart from that, packages that are put together by other people
or by Linux distribution maintainers may have their own scripts.

I have no idea what "zoperun" is, I'm assuming you mean "runzope.py",
which is part of 2.7.x and up? If not then this smells like some non-
standard package, you should contact its maintainer.

jens