[Zope] Plone: storage, catologing and versioning

azazel azazel at lizard.homelinux.net
Sat Jul 23 20:13:51 EDT 2005

Rogério Atem de Carvalho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions about Plone (in some extent CMF/Zope):
>
> 1)How to manipulate versioning in Plone? (like CPS does)
> I know there is PLIP8, but it is still a proposal, isn't it?

have a look at CMFEditions on svn.plone.org/collective . it is also
published on plone.org site
we have publieshed an alpha release, and hope to fix the remaining bug
over the summer, please feel free to contribute. On
sourceforge.net/projects/collective you can find the
"collective-versioning" which we use to discuss on subject and
coordinate the effort.

> 2)How to store and catalog huge document collections?
> -LocalFS + ZCatalog?
what do you mean with "huge"?
> -Implement mapping and indexing in a relational DB?

google for shane's apelib  or look int svn.plone.org/archetypes

> (I have also de ERP5's ZSQLCatalog option...)
>
> 3)Is there any product or Plone plug-in that allows enhanced searches
> through thesaurus or ontologies, or something like this?
> I know there are Ontobroker and Gnowsys, but I would like
> to have something simpler to work on top of Plone.

nothing ready i think, but for a generic library that enables you to
perform complex queries over a catalog google fro Dieter's AdvancedQuery
product. Also, it is possible to implement ontologies in plone using
Archetypes references and maybe using the Relations product (always from
  Archetypes svn o)