[Zope] working with urls

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 13:41:53 EDT 2005

Simplest might be to point a Path Handler
(http://www.zope.org/Members/NIP/PathHandler) named
'generate' at your PDF generator script.

Also, a Script(Python) 'generate' containing:

return traverse_subpath

when called http://mysite.com/generate/foo/bar/baz
returns:

['foo', 'bar', 'baz']

This could be useful for the URL re-writing you want.

Ken

--- In zope at yahoogroups.com, Peter Bengtsson
<peterbe at g...> wrote:

> > > Now I'm rewriting urls by substituting the href
attribute with custom
> > > data, and everything works fine.
> > > What I'd like is having an url like:
myproduct/generate/20050301/PG2,
> > > and actually that's exactly what I've got. This
url will make my app
> > > generate a pdf report for the ref_date
2005/03/01 and code PG2 (ref_date
> > > and code are internal data).
> > > Zope obviously maps the url as an object, but
that's not what I want: I
> > > want to parse the url and use the ref_date and
code data inside a
> > > generate method.
> >
> > You want to write a __bobo_traverse__ method for
your class:

> >      def __bobo_traverse__(self, REQUEST, name):
> >          # do something with 'name' here.
> >          return an_object_that_is_to_be_published
> >
> > Philipp
>
> I prefer to use __before_publishing_traverse__(self,
obj, REQUEST=None)

> The IssueTrackerProduct (IssueTracker.py) uses this
so that you can URLs like
> /ListIssues/start-20/reverse-False
> instead of
> /ListIssues?start=20&reverse=False
> but that is just slightly different from what you
are after.