[Zope] strange getPhysicalRoot behaviour

rr at nederhoed.com rr at nederhoed.com
Thu Jul 28 07:24:37 EDT 2005

Good day all,

Using Zope 2.7.6 I'm trying to use the getPhysicalRoot() function.

In a rather large site we have a folder called 'functions' placed in root. This
folder contains a formatting function 'far' I want to use in some other folder.
But in the path from root to the place I the function to be called, I have
another 'function' folder, with local functionality.

When calling 'context.functions.far()', it fails to acquire the far function.
Which is explainable.

My plan was to call it directly: 'root.functions.far()', but 'root' does not
exist in the zope (python) script.

if I use
root = context.getPhysicalRoot()

I am forced to reenter my Zope username and password and will not get permission
to call the getPhysicalRoot function.

What am I doing wrong?
What can I do to make the getPhysicalRoot function available?

Friendly greetings,

Robert-Reinder Nederhoed
The Hague, The Netherlands