[Zope] Zsyncer issue

Matt Howell phoenixpenguin at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 17:34:26 EDT 2005

(Sorry about the cross post!  I did not pay attention
to what I was typing in the address, but perhaps this
is the best place for this question anyway.)

> to achieve what end?

One of my projects has a requirement for providing
99.99% uptime when hosting in their data center.  Our
Zope / Plone solution will be replacing an ASP / SQL
Server solution that has 2x web servers and 2x SQL
Servers (using log shipping).

Tentatively, my hosting recommendation resembles two
web servers, running Apache / FastCGI / Zope, and then
two servers running ZEO / ZODB and ExFile.  My current
thoughts would be to commission SAN space between the
two ZEO servers so that the Data.fs, etc. would be
shared between the two database servers.  SAN space is
expensive, though, so when I saw a posting about
Zsyncer, I was wondering if there might be a solution
for keeping two instances of a ZODB synced up.

We already have two Cisco CSS to handle heart beats
and failover.

Thanks for the responses...

-Matt