[Zope] Re: Creating links dynamically

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:17:12 EDT 2005

Hi John,

>>The CMF's "ActionsTool" is a prime example for such
>>a link factory. "CMFDefault"s "main_template.pt" demonstrates
>>how to iterate over the links generated by "portal_actions"
>>(the "ActionsTool" instance in a CMF site).
>

> Does that mean creating a CMF site?
>
> I'm finding it hard enough figuring stuff out without adding CMF into the
> mix...

No, you can already do lots of things without CMF and using ZPT and
python scripts. You asked for a working example, so, Dieter pointed you
out to a feature of CMF that does it. Anyway, for the task you need, I
think the example of Vital will do the job.

It's up to you wheter or not install CMF or other Content management
system. After all everybody has diferent needs.

Regards,
Josef