[Zope] How to read a file object

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:53:02 EDT 2005

On 6/1/05, John Poltorak <jp at warpix.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to learn some Python basics and hoping to use Zope as front end
> for writing and running a few snippets of code

In that case you should use Zope3. Zope2 is highly-unpythonic, and
using it pretty much requires you to learn Zope first, and Python
later. Zope2 should be used if you want to build a site with a content
management tool like CPS or Plone or Silva, or if you otherwise have
some software you wnat to use that runs on Zope2.

But if you want to learn python, or create stuff from scratch, Zope3
is generally a much better option.

> which may help me get a better understanding of how Zope and Python interact.

When it comes to Zope2: Trust me, you don't want to know. :)