[Zope] Max Connections

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Fri Jun 3 07:45:13 EDT 2005

cache-size is the max number of objects each connection will try to keep in
memory.

You can see how it is currently performing when you go to the ZMI -> Control
Panel -> Database Management -> main -> Cache Parameters
Each line of the table is a connection of the pool.
The total number of active an non active objects limited by the "cache-size"
param.
If you see, during normal operation, that most of the connections are
reaching that limit, then you could try to increase it.
But be careful not to run out of Memory ;)

For ZEO users, there may be another parameter to change if you modify the
cache-size param, which is the cache-size param within the
<zeoclient></zeoclient> section. This param, although it has the same name,
means something completely different.

But this does not apply to the below example that uses a filestorage for the
ZODB.

Pascal