[Zope] Re: ZODB error when trying to index object (Input/output error)

Felix Ulrich-Oltean felix at chaptereight.com
Mon Jun 20 13:03:45 EDT 2005

Felix Ulrich-Oltean <felix at chaptereight.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I get the following error when certain new objects are added into a
> plone site - when archetypes tries to set the UID, it asks the catalog
> for all unique values of the index "UID".  I;ve never had input/output
> errors before from the ZODB.  There's definitely enough space on the
> drive and objects are added fine - it's just that the UID is then not
> set, which breaks all sorts of Archetypes stuff.  Any ideas how I can
> hunt this one down?

Some further info:

I think I've found the culprits - there are 4 records which give errors like this:

portal.portal_catalog.uncatalog_object('/sites/cw/data/urbanr')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py", line 558, in uncatalog_object
    self._catalog.uncatalogObject(uid)
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/Catalog.py", line 411, in uncatalogObject
    x.unindex_object(rid)
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/PathIndex/PathIndex.py", line 138, in unindex_object
    self._index[comp][level].remove(docid)
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 597, in setstate
    p, serial = self._storage.load(oid, self._version)
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py", line 689, in load
    return self._load(oid, version, self._index, self._file)
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py", line 665, in _load
    raise CorruptedDataError, h
ZODB.FileStorage.CorruptedDataError:

I'll try fsrecover on it.

Felix.