[Zope] ZPT code sample

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Jun 21 14:50:25 EDT 2005

John Poltorak wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 06:07:36PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
>>--On 21. Juni 2005 11:58:52 -0400 Fred Drake <fdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>The cited line contains a typo; it uses "<" instead of ">" to end a tag.
>>
>>...which is obvious when you look in line 8 carefully.
>
> It may well be obvious to anyone familiar with these things, but when you
> are struggling to understand them, the last thing you need when you are
> going through the most basic example is a typo in the example itself.

That problem that has nothing to do with any of the dynamic elements in
the page. Such a typo would bork any tag-based language.

You're not learning HTML at the same time as ZPT, are you?

One should know HTML before dealing with any HTML templating language. I
dare say it's a fool's errand to try  to learn ZPT unless you have an
understanding of HTML and XML-sh languages in general.

> I keep wondering whether ZOPE is sponsored by wig makers...

Now that you know, you should notify the author/site and get it fixed.

		--jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/