[Zope] bytecode cache?

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Wed Jun 22 08:59:38 EDT 2005

Well, as far as I know, "bytecode" is generated by the marshal module.
And marshal can only precompile simple data types and code (classes,
functions).
So objects (class instances) can not be byte compiled.
But I may be wrong...

However, I had a funny idea too...
I have been wondering about using marshal in ZODB instead of pickle, I mean,
we only store object's states there, and as far as I have been investigating
object states are simple python types that could be handled by marshal... But I am pretty sure I may have missed something that makes this completely
impossible to achieve.
It's just that, even using the highest protocol in pickle, serialization and
deserialization of simple python types is much faster with marshal.

Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org]On Behalf Of
Jaroslav Lukeš
Sent: 22 June 2005 13:52
To: zope at zope.org
Subject: [Zope] bytecode cache?

Dear zope core developers,

I have idea about bytecode cache in Zope, it is possible to implement?

What I mean: python scripts (in ZODB), DTML documents/methods, ZPT will be bytecode compiled in similar way like ordinary .py scripts into .pyc and
then
run much faster than "noncompiled" ZODB objects. I think that it should have

significant speed improvement.

... or I am totally out?

Best regards,

--

                        Jaroslav Lukesh
  This e-mail could not contain any viruses because I use Linux
Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org
(Related lists -

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com