[Zope] External editor for ZMI

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Thu Jun 23 11:39:39 EDT 2005

I do recommend Boa Constructor, which feels the most like you're
actually editing source code files (though you're editing the zope
objects in place).  This program has actually saved my life.

Caveats:  It has a few dependencies you'll need to track down, and it's
a little buggy/quirky.  If you're not comfortable with a bit of DIY, or
you're relatively new to zope and/or python, it might be more trouble
than its worth.

The 'upload' mechanism in ZMI for most objects might do OK for you, then
you can use whatever editing environment you want.  I'm sure a lot of
people have solved this particular problem for themselves in different
ways, based on their own editing needs/preferences.  After a little
trial and error, of course.

Jim