[Zope] 2.5.1 to 2.8.0

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Jun 27 17:37:42 EDT 2005

On 27 Jun 2005, at 22:27, Tim Suter wrote:
> We don't want to use LDAPUserFolder for authentication.  The preferred
> method of authentication is against an authzldap enabled apache.  Or
> when authenticating, is it necessary to add the LDAPUserFolder?
> Which,
> this might explain why when attempting to edit the page, it would ask
> for authentication.

If you don't use the LDAPUserFolder then simply delete all instances
in your 2.5.1-based sandbox.

Just FYI, having another webserver do authentication and making that
work nicely with Zope Sucks with a Capital S. Most of the time there
is no valid reason to go that route, other than the lame excuse "but
we only know it this way".

Requests for Zope should be proxied/rewritten through and Zope can do
the authentication itself. If mod_authzldap works, LDAPUserFolder
will work fine as well.

jens