[Zope] Problem with ZSQLMethods/MySQL after update

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 01:40:08 EDT 2005

I could be totally wrong, but just a thought....

You might remove the Zmysqlda 2.0.8 you have and download and install
the 2.0.9b3.  Do some reading before, and maybe you can simply
reinstall 2.0.8.  I cant remember what it was that needed 2.0.9, maybe
it was just having mysqlpython 1.2.0.  (because of mysql 4.1.x or new
python, cant remember)

Ok I am just thinking outloud now, sorry.  But heck, if it helps. :)

Greg

On 6/28/05, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> Ragnar Beer wrote at 2005-6-27 18:50 +0200:
> >After upgrading Zope from version 2.6.4 to 2.8.0 and mysqlpython from 0.9.2 to
> >1.2.0 I cannot add or edit ZSQLMethods anymore, although there is an open
> >(MySQL)db-Connection that works just fine with the same ZSQLMethods that cannot
> >be edited or with external methods. The error I'm getting is:
> >
> >"There are no SQL database connections. You need to add a Zope SQL database
> >connection before you can edit a Zope SQL Method."
>
> Almost surely, your "ZMySQLDA" instances are broken (and then
> do not behave as "SQL database connection" instances).
>
> Check your Zope logfile for messages of the form
> "could not install product...".
>
> --
> Dieter

Greg Fischer