[Zope] root folder hangs on Contents in manager iface

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 04:39:42 EST 2005

John Hunter wrote:
> and do an ls and see the contents.  The attempt to access manage_main
> just hangs there with a "Waiting for localhost" message in the status
> bar.  I am not running a firewall.

I've seen this too, but a restart cured it for me. stunnel problems were
suspected but we never got a definite cause.

> I shut down my 2.7.3 install and did clean install of 2.7.4 to a new
> dir (build notes below) and I got exactly the same problem running
> 2.7.4 from a clean install!  So I thought something may be wrong with
> my python site-packages dir, which I temporarily hid by renaming it to
> site-pacakges.hide, but this was no help.  Perhaps I have a bad system
> lib?

Definitely sounds odd, but I'd suggest that site-packages isn't a
problem, and I don't know of a system lib that can cause such a specific
problem.

>   zope> cd /var/tmp/build/Zope-2.7.4-0/
>   zope> ./configure --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python --prefix=/usr/local/Zope-2.7.4   # add the prefix - default is opt!

Was /usr/local/bin/python from a source install of python?
If not, I'd suggest trying a source install...

Do you have any additional Zope products installed? If so, which ones?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk