[Zope] Zope 2.8?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Mar 2 10:40:54 EST 2005

--On Mittwoch, 2. März 2005 10:23 Uhr -0500
Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any updates on the current plans for 2.8?
>
> I'm planning work for the next (fiscal) year for us, and I really could
> use new-style classes (To do multi-lingual objects) ...
>
> Is there a beta coming? A target date for a stable release? The
> information I've been able to find so far on-line all seems to talk about
> the past, not the future :)

Since Zope is completely the work of volunteers a new release will be done
as soon
as people have time to work on outstanding issues. From my point of people
most people
in the Zope community are currently more attracted to Plone and maybe to
Zope 3 but there
is currently only a limited  development going on for Zope 2 (which is
sad). But things are
as they are....so if you have a budget to fund and speed-up the 2.8
development..let us know :-)

-aj