[Zope] root folder hangs on Contents in manager iface

Adriano adriano at euma.com
Wed Mar 2 13:58:15 EST 2005

John,

I've experienced this simptom too, and I cured it abandoning Apple Safari.

In FireFox it work ok. Maybe this apply to your case too ?

Hope this helps
Bye
Catonano

>John Hunter wrote:
>>and do an ls and see the contents.  The attempt to access manage_main
>>just hangs there with a "Waiting for localhost" message in the status
>>bar.  I am not running a firewall.
>
>I've seen this too, but a restart cured it for me. stunnel problems
>were suspected but we never got a definite cause.
>
>>I shut down my 2.7.3 install and did clean install of 2.7.4 to a new
>>dir (build notes below) and I got exactly the same problem running
>>2.7.4 from a clean install!  So I thought something may be wrong with
>>my python site-packages dir, which I temporarily hid by renaming it to
>>site-pacakges.hide, but this was no help.  Perhaps I have a bad system
>>lib?
>
>Definitely sounds odd, but I'd suggest that site-packages isn't a
>problem, and I don't know of a system lib that can cause such a
>specific problem.
>
>>   zope> cd /var/tmp/build/Zope-2.7.4-0/
>>   zope> ./configure --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python
>>--prefix=/usr/local/Zope-2.7.4   # add the prefix - default is opt!
>
>Was /usr/local/bin/python from a source install of python?
>If not, I'd suggest trying a source install...
>
>Do you have any additional Zope products installed? If so, which ones?
>
>cheers,
>
>Chris
>
>--
>Simplistix - Content Management, Zope & Python Consulting
>            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

" One of the tricks here is to get away from thinking that programs
have to be composed with only a simple text editor "

           - Alan Kay -

"Java and C++ make you think that the new ideas are like the old ones.
Java is the most distressing thing to hit computing since MS-DOS".

          - Alan Kay -

"The computer revolution hasn't started yet. Don't be misled by
the enormous flow of money into bad defacto standards for
unsophisticated buyers using poor adaptations of incomplete ideas".

            -Alan Kay -