[Zope] Re: Blocking Sibling inheritance

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Mar 3 03:06:27 EST 2005

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Jay Zeemer wrote:
> | Greetings all,
> | I am in the process of examining Zope for some possible applications.
> | Currently I am having an issue with Zope being a bit to smart.  I have a
> | directory \Dir1\ and under it I have 2 subdirectories \Dir1\SubA\ and
> | \Dir1\SubB\.  The problem I am having is I can go to \Dir1\SubA\SubB\ and
> | gain access to things that are in \Dir1\SubB\, I need to be able to block
> | sibling level inheritance.  Is this possible in Zope??  Or are there any
> | other ways to block this with out creating a SubB object in
> \Dir1\SubA\ ??
>
> The "sibling inheritance" you are describing is Zope's "acquisition".
> Folders derive from Acquisition.Implicit, which means they are willing
> to acquire any "non-private" name from their parents.
>
> To prevent this behavior, place SubA with a Folder-like object which
> derives instead from Acquisition.Explicit.

I'd need this too. Would I be making a correct assumption when stating
that no such folderish product, such as a "aq-blocking Folder", exists
yet, but it has to be written (ie by me or anyonelse needing this
functionality)?

Thanks.

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx