[Zope] Re: Blocking Sibling inheritance

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Mar 3 03:32:38 EST 2005

kosh wrote:
> What you probably need to do is read the zope book and read about how
> acquisition works. You can use it to make apps a lot faster and save yourself
> a lot of work by learning how to use it. Acquisition is a major reason that I
> use zope in the first place and have been using it for about 4 years now.

I know how aquisition works and I use it extensively and I am very happy
with. Nevertheless I have encounterd a few situations and use cases
where I would like to inhibit aquisition for certain specific local
contexts, related both to security and to packaging TTW code (actually
FSDirView based code _and_ templates) which for various reasons don't
make it into Product code.

I probably still need to read up/refresh on Aquisition both in the zope
book and in Dieters publications, but I feel that an aq-inhibotorish
folderish thing would serve it's prupose for my needs in any case.

Cheers,

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx