[Zope] Re: Blocking Sibling inheritance

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Mar 3 08:33:01 EST 2005

Jay Zeemer wrote:
> Greg,
> You just described my problem to the letter.  This is the issue that is
> impacting me currently.  The only way we have successfully blocked this is
> to add an object to every customer folder that represents every other
> customer.  We have been trying to make a folder-ish object with
> Acquisition.Implicit but so far have had no success.  Besides adding a
> customer# object for every customer to every customer can anyone tell me how
> I can block this from happening??

here is an idea, infering from a quick reading of sources. Would the
below work?

in ..../lib/python/OFS is where Folder is defined

folder is defined as:

class Folder(
     ObjectManager.ObjectManager,
     PropertyManager.PropertyManager,
     AccessControl.Role.RoleManager,
     webdav.Collection.Collection,
     SimpleItem.Item,
     FindSupport.FindSupport,
     ):

SimpelItem is defined as:

class SimpleItem(Item, Globals.Persistent,
                  Acquisition.Implicit,
                  AccessControl.Role.RoleManager,
                  ):

so, if we copy the source for SimpleItem, and redefined it as such:

class SimpleItemNoAq(Item, Globals.Persistent,
                  Acquisition.Explicit,         # <-----
                  AccessControl.Role.RoleManager,
                  ):

and create a new Folder class (also mor or less copying the origial code):

class Folder(
     ObjectManager.ObjectManager,
     PropertyManager.PropertyManager,
     AccessControl.Role.RoleManager,
     webdav.Collection.Collection,
     SimpleItemNoAq.Item,         # <-----
     FindSupport.FindSupport,
     ):

would this work as what we discussed earlier?

Thanks,

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx