[Zope] Form action with Python script and arguments

Henk Jansen burley at zonnet.nl
Sun Mar 6 22:02:10 EST 2005

I have two problems when I want for pass <FORM ...> information into a
Python Script:

1) Besides passing the FORM data, I also need to pass an extra argument
into the Python script that was passed (as <URL>?arg=argval) by the URL.
A thing like:

     <FORM action=my_py_script(arg=<dtml-var argval>)

doesn't work. Neither does:

     <FORM action="my_py_script(arg=<dtml-var argval>")

What's the proper syntax for passing extra arguments to a Python script
in a FORM action?

2) How do I access the FORM data in a Python script? I've tried "import
cgi" but a call to cgi.FieldStorage() was met by a message that I wasn't
authorized to make this call ...

Thanks,

--Henk